At IIGL, we care about our products and we want our partner brokers and their clients to feel the same.
In the current climate, never has Health & Safety/Risk Management procedures been so important especially looking at the following claims statistics from the HSE:
Key annual figures 2011/12
• 1.1 million working people were suffering from a work-related illness
• 173 workers killed at work
• 111 000 other injuries to employees were reported under RIDDOR
• 212 000 over-3-day absence injuries occurred (LFS)
• 27 million working days were lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
• Workplace injuries and ill health (excluding cancer) cost society an estimated £13.4 billion in 2010/11
It is important for the employer to identify risks that can arise and then putting sensible health and safety measures and risk management procedures to control them. By doing this, they will be protecting their employees along with member of the public from harm.
The law requires employers to manage and assess health and safety risks and we have provided some useful links which can give you a guidance to these procedures: